Friday, January 4, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

The top 20 things that make you a good mom and why I love you (no particular order though...too late to think THAT much):

1. You taught us the gospel and lived the gospel (FHE, family prayers, scripture study, church attendance, magnifying your callings, service, temple worthiness, ect...)
2. You were/are always consistant
3. You have a wonderful sense of humor, especially at the dinner table (sorry dad, it WAS funny)
4. You were silly with us and didn't let us take ourselves too serious
5. You are a strong woman, not a whiney-co dependant-sappy-pushover
6. You sang and read to us daily
7. You taught us to work and do a good job "Anything worth doing is worth doing well!"
8. You taught us the life skills we needed to be independent and sucessful adults
9. You loved our Dad and set a good example of what a good marriage is
10. You had high expectations of us
11. We always felt loved by you--no matter what (and there were alot of "no matter whats")
12. You give the worlds BEST hugs
13. You stressed the importance of a good education
14. You made us do chores and taught us how to keep a clean house, garden, yard, ect...
15. You were/are a friend when we need one and a mother when we needed one
16. You encourage us and help us acheive our goals
17. You taught us how to be thrifty and wise with our money
18. You make us each feel like we are you're favorite (we know the truth..it's really me)
19. You are organized
20. You are clever and a wonderful homemaker


I hope to be half the mother that you are to us. I love you with all my heart. You are a wonderful example and mother! Have a happy day and a wonderful year.

4 comments:

Big Momma said...

Wow, I sound like a wonderful person. Sniff, sniff.....you made me cry! I wish I had your ability to express myself without sounding sucky! See, Melissa, I keep telling you that you're my favorite!!! xoxoxox

bEN said...

suck up

Emily said...

Ditto Melissa's list!! You're the best, Mom!

PahlEWog said...

Behind every good woman lurks a great man.