Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Decker Christmas Eve Feast


Jason made the best seafood platter...he grilled scallops, jumbo shrimp, lobster tails and then made a yummy tomatoe-y, spicy, chunky sauce that he drizzled over top. Delicious! I wish I could get him to cook the rest of the year! He also grilled a fillet and I made a blue cheese sauce to go with it. We did the traditional bacon wrapped chestnuts, cheeseball and lots of appitizer-snacky foods.
I made home-made caramels for the first time. They were as good as I remember. I also made a few different fudge's using the reciepe Dad recommended. I am usually a fudge falure...yes, even the "no fail fudge" I fail at. This reciepe and I got along! I made the original with the cherries and nuts (my boys hated it), then I altered it and made a peanut butter batch (boys LOVED it) and a white chocolate with cranberry batch (Zack and Linda liked it). I'm so sad that I can't make divinity. It just turns to soup---which isn't all that bad :) I'm gonna go with the excuse that it's just too humid out East. Yeah, that's it!




I made our Yule Log with Hershey's Special Dark cocoa power...OHMYJOSH!!! It was seriously the BEST cake I ever ate (and I've eaten alot of cake!!!)!

5 comments:

Emily said...

WOW! Can you come cook Christmas at my house next year?? Looks delicious!!

Melissa said...

See...everyone should come to PA for 2008 Christmas!!!! We are finishing our basement, so we will have plenty of room for everyone :)

Melissa said...

See...everyone should come to PA for 2008 Christmas!!!! We are finishing our basement, so we will have plenty of room for everyone :)

Big Momma said...

I'm impressed! It's probably a good thing that we kept "the pirate" here with us because he hates shellfish and he would have had no problem telling you. It looks like you had way more fun than we did.

Melissa said...

Yeah, Rich had no problem telling me NEVER to cut my hair again because he hates my new ugly haircut. SIGH!!! Em and Kallen don't like seafood either. I don't like brussel sprouts or aspargus (or Rich to much). LOL!