Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving plans?

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I'm so sad I can't be with my family for the holidays!! Kallen got laid off last Friday (that's on the things you should know list) so we'll be sticking pretty close to home for the next little while until he gets a new job squared away. We are driving to northern California tonight though after I get off work. We'll spend the holiday with Kallen's family and head home on Sunday. I don't know if I'm ready for the cold weather-we're still in the mid 70's here! Love you all and hope you have a happy thanksgiving. I'm grateful for all of you....especially uncle bob ;)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

AAAH!Sorry to hear about Kallens job. Now what?!? How has the job hunting been going? Are you guys ok? Have a Happy Thanksgiving and may you NOT see any member of his family naked :) Hug Kallen for me and tell him I like him just fine. Love you sister.

Melissa said...

Oh, I forgot to answer your question...it's tradition that we get up early and play football at our branch. We come home and complain the rest of the day how out of shape/sore/old we are. We watch the Macy's Day Parade. We go to the in-laws for the feast. This year Linda is allowing me to bring a green bean salad to which she gave me the receipe. Hmm! I'm gonna go ahead and bring Sea Foam salad and homemade rolls too :) I'm so naughty! I LOVE Thanksgiving meal!!! I bought new sweat pants so I don't have to be burdened with being embarassed by un-doing my pants after dinner...lol

bEN said...

Well I woke up early this morning and palyed in the ward Turkey Bowl. The weather was perfect (only a little rain), and the field was muddy. Plus, my team won, so that was good, but I am having trouble walking now. I came home and got cleaned up and we all (Mindy, Kristin, and I) browsed the advertisements from the newspaper for a while. We decided eating at Golden Coral would be a good idea this year and it was. We all felt sexy and attractive while at Golden Coral. The food was pretty decent and we stuffed ourselves. While a traditional meal would have been nice, it is just too much damn work for feeding such a small group. After returning from eating we watched Transformers and then went through the ads again, but this time more thoroughly. I will be going to work tomorrow and 5:30 and Mindy, Kristin, and the kids will hit the stores to find their holiday bargains. This Thanksgiving was effing great.