Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cleaning out the freezer

Today was the day that I was finally fed up enough to do something about the freezer in the garage. I'm home sick from school and go to the freezer to find some juice and frozen food falls out on my head. I've been meaning to defrost and clean it for the last two years, but just never got around to it. When I have time in the summer it is too hot and what would I do with all the frozen food to keep it frozen? Last night it snowed and the wind is whistling and blowing around the house this morning. So I donned my coat and gloves, and Pearl and I went to the garage to tackle the freezer. Do you know how many packages of mixed vegetables I had? I don't even use mixed vegetables.! I threw out some pretty disgusting "stuff" that I couldn't identify. Now as it is defrosting, I am making a master list to go on the front of the freezer so I'll know what I put in and take out. I used to do this when I was a young mother and much busier than I am now. So my whole point in telling you this, is DON'T GET LAZY IN YOUR OLD AGE!!!
mom

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Mixed vegetables are the best! I know what you mean though. I went to Costco last week and came home and had not and inch of space to put anything away in my chest freezer. I keep justifying that it's part of my food storage, but what good does it do if its freezer burned, unidentifiable and gross??? I have a master list, but I've slacked on keeping things crossed off or adding when I make "deposits" into the freezer. I hate having to put on my winter golves to search for that evenings ingredients for dinner. Being unorganized is the pits! Way to go mom!!!

bEN said...

I don't have an extra freezer.