Wednesday, December 19, 2007

WHEW!

LATE Friday evening I finished up my home-made gifts and got them in Saturday's mail. Look for your packages! What a relief to have them mailed on time...although for what shipping cost, I could've bought a plane ticket and delivered them myself :( Although I was stressed out about what the hecknhell to make DAD and BENNY, I really enjoyed this gift giving/making experience. In discussing with Chris and Emily, we agreed that this cost more money to make our gifts. I don't think the idea of making our own gifts was to save money, but instead to give us a sense of thoughtfulness and service for our givee. I know this was true for me. I really put thought into this and while I was laboring, I did think alot about Benny and Dad and got warm fuzzy feelings for them. I don't know what anyone else thought about the experience, but I've got ideas in the works for next years gift---and I'm not going to procratinate :) I know we drew names in the summer, but time flew by and I felt paniced that I wasn't gonna get it done. So, whether or not we decide to do this again, or bag it...watch out!!! You're gonna get something home-made from me again next year. I love you all!

1 comment:

Big Momma said...

I loved the experience and I know Dad did too. We were both busy little beavers for quite a while and it was actually fun. I have loved hearing what different siblings are doing for each other. Very Creative!!! I hope everyone will want to do it again, next year!