Thursday, March 13, 2008

Daylight Savings.

It may save daylight, but it sure doesn't save time. Last Saturday night I began the twice yearly changing of the clocks. When I was a little boy that would have consisted of moving the hands of grandfather clock in the living room and the kitchen clock. Oh, and maybe an alarm clock in each bedroom. Last Saturday it took me an hour to change clocks, and I still missed two of them. Just in the garage we have: one clock in each of our two cars, a timer clock for our hot water recirculating pump, a timer clock for our furnace automatic fresh-air intake system, a timer for our sprinkler system, and a wall clock. I skipped the one on the boom-box since I don't care about it. That's seven clocks just in a garage, for crying outside!!!

The electronic timer for our porch/driveway lights takes 15 minutes to change because it is so complicated I have to get our the instruction book every time I change it's time in order to figure out how the heck it works.

So when your elderly parents say life was simpler in the "good old days", we aren't kidding.

But then, I wouldn't give up my iPhone, my Garmin (Alice), my computer(s), my PDA, my digital camera, my 52" HD TV, my DVR and other the other goodies just to live in the old days again. Hmmmmmm. Maybe not...the old days were simpler in so many other ways. But since youse guys are all in this century, that's where I want to be too!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

You're funny. I completely forgot to change any of my clocks (except the phone and car that do so automatically) and I was very much confused on Sunday morning. I still have a few to change-maybe I wouldn't be so late to everything if I was more organized like you!

Melissa said...

Maybe THAT'S why you are so timely...because you have too many damn clocks! Sheeze!!!!

Big Momma said...

He wouldn't give up his TV!!! TV=Smee-Vee!! I wouldn't give up my (1) Microwave, (2) Electric Tooth Brush (3) Computer (4) and long distance phone service!!! Thank you for changing the time on my watch, Paul. You're the best!!